|One Man's War|
|Space Battleship Yamato 2199|
|Season 1, Episode 23|
|Japanese title|| たった一人の戦争|
Tatta Ichi-ri no Sensō
|Release date||August 24, 2013|
|Screenplay by||Morita Shigeru|
|Directed by||Makoto Bessho|
|Days left||199 (see Analysis)|
"The Planet That We Head For"
"The Distant Promised Land"
The war with Earth comes to Garmillas.
- For additional details, see Battle of Garmillas.
- Okita's voice-over (and official English subtitles) at the end of the episode states that 199 days remain before humanity's extinction. This is very likely a production error. The episode begins immediately after the end of the previous episode (with the firing of the Dessler Cannon at Yamato and Epidora) and takes place over a relatively short period of time. Likewise, the next episode begins with Yamato leaving the debris field created by the fight with Dessler's forces, and the crew still in spacesuits worn during the battle. One writer's unofficial analysis suggests that 209 days would be a more logical figure.
- Leader Abelt Dessler prepares to fire his flagship's wave motion gun at the Garmillan capital city as Defense Minister Welte Talan watches:
- Talan: My lord, stop! You're about to fire on your own people!
- Dessler: (Calmly and without hesitation) That's why I must do it myself. I must be the one to commit the sin of sacrificing the noble Garmillan lives for the future of Great Garmillas.
Behind the ScenesEdit