December 8, 2141 |
2203 (aged 56) |
|Service/branch||Earth Defense Force|
|Commands held||Kirishima, Yamato|
|Relations||Ryotaro Okita (son)|
Goro Naya (1974-1983)|
Tsutomu Yamazaki (2010)
Takayuki Sugo (2012-) Brian Mathis (English)
- This article is based on writing previously posted to Wikipedia. You can improve it by adding more details and rephrasing content.
- This article combines information on Juzo Okita from different Space Battleship Yamato continuities without distinguishing among them. You can improve the wiki by creating separate articles for each version of the character.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- His Japanese name comes from real-life Shinsengumi captain Okita Sōji and Japan's founding father of sci-fi, Unno Juzo.
- He is based on Leiji Matsumoto's father, who was a Major in the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force and flew a Nakajima Ki-84 in Battle of Leyte Gulf.
- Okita's response to to the Gamilans' demands of surrender are based on that of Anthony McAuliffe.
- In the original series, Okita have shown tendencies of acting like other men with Analyzer's fan service actions. An example of this is when Yuki request the robot's circuit to be fixed to prevent skirt flipping on Episode 16 of Season 1, he unwittingly replied "It might not be a good idea to remove it," to which he immediately cover it up by saying we will discuss with Sanada about the repair.
- In the remake series, there are times his hat covers one of his eyes. This makes him look like that he's lost one of his eyes and that he's wearing an eyepatch.
- In the remake series, he was born on the 200th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
- ↑ Okita's medical chart viewed by Dr. Sakezo Sado in "What Lies Beyond."
- ↑ Official Space Battleship Yamato 2199 website character data
- ↑ http://yokohama-now.jp/home/?p=10754
- ↑ Leiji Matsumoto Liner Notes Collection, 1998
- ↑ https://www.ourstarblazers.com/vault-images/2199_EpisodeGuide/Ep12/12_00026.jpg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.